Your Family Law Firm Based In East Baton Rouge Parish
Have you decided that you want to file for divorce — or has your spouse filed, putting the pressure on you to respond? Do you need to confront another challenge involving children, support obligations or other critical issues? The single best step you can take at this point is to find a knowledgeable, experienced lawyer who will prioritize your rights and interests.
Over the course of 30 years in practice, I have gained invaluable experience across the full spectrum of Louisiana family law. My clients benefit from clear, reliable guidance whether they need help completing an amicable, uncontested divorce or must prepare rigorously for litigation of contested issues. I will help you understand the divorce process, set achievable goals and move forward toward resolution.
Your Children’s Well-Being And Your Parental Rights Matter To Me
Balancing mothers’ and fathers’ rights in support of children’s best interests can be challenging in many ways. Emphasizing objectivity and compromise when possible, I protect my clients’ interests in wide-ranging matters involving:
- Child custody and visitation
- Paternity claims and disputes on behalf of unmarried parents
- Establishment of child support
- Modifications of court orders when justified by significant changes in parents’ circumstances or children’s needs — including those associated with child relocation cases
Now Is The Time To Protect Your Financial Interests
Whether you have basic assets or millions, ensuring that the division of community property in your divorce is fair may be a top priority. In addition to decades actively practicing law, I also have professional accounting experience that is valuable for financial analysis and issue-spotting when addressing, for example:
- Negotiations or litigation to establish alimony (sometimes called spousal support or maintenance)
- The drafting of prenuptial agreements — or, in some cases, postnuptial agreements — to proactively address property division, alimony and select other issues before they arise in divorce
I encourage you to contact me, attorney Keith Friley, if you have questions and need practical guidance on any family law matter in the Greater Baton Rouge area. To request your consultation, call 866-915-0586 or send me an email now.